Working in the kitchen can be tiresome, especially when it takes an eternity to find the tools and utensils you need to cook. Here are five interesting ways of organising your appliances to make your cooking experience easy:
- Hang up your mugs: We speak for everybody when we say that the most common gift one can receive is a mug. We’re sure there are numerous mugs piling up in your drawers, taking up precious space that was initially reserved for other utensils. Simply purchase some hanging hooks, hammer them into your wall and voila! You have your own mug hangers. Not only does this serve the purpose of giving you more drawer/cupboard space, it also adds a chic look to you kitchen.
- Label your food: From grains to lentils, we have multiple food items in our kitchen. Sometimes we end up opening a number of boxes before finding the item we were looking for. To avoid all this confusion, label your boxes. You could even use different coloured stickers to separate your spices from grains and lentils.
- Group similar objects together: Grouping objects by purpose helps in reducing the mess in your kitchen. For example you can put all the items you use for baking in one location, assign another specific location for all your bowls and so on. Whenever you need something, you’ll know exactly where to look!
- Use a cork board to hang up measuring spoons and cups: You don’t have to spend endless hours searching for your measuring spoons and cups in the blackhole that is your drawer. Install a cork board, hammer in some nails and hang your measuring tools for easy access’
- Create a “cooking zone” around your stove: Keep the pots and pans you use on a regular basis in the cabinet closest to the stove. Keep your spatulas and spoons close too. This way you won’t have to run around your kitchen looking for things when a dish is cooking on the stove.
We hope some of these tips make your kitchen life easier. Comment to let us know what you’ve implemented in your kitchen.