This super easy-to-make brownie recipe by Gemma Stafford is simply the best! It makes brownies that are fudgy, gooey and loaded with chocolate goodness. We’ve tried it and we SWEAR by it!
The best part? These brownies can be whipped up in under 25 minutes using ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen.
Prep Time 25 Mins
Cook Time 35 Mins
Total Time 1 Hr
Author Gemma Stafford
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
How to make the brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C then line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil and both sugars.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combined and light in colour.
- Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix). Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top. Generously top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the baking trey and slicing into 16 brownies. Enjoy!