The sun rises late now and sets early. The mornings and nights are especially chilly. And your craving for some hot chocolate is at an all time high. Are you ready to welcome winter, yet? If not, may this recipe for some wholesome and warm hot chocolate will change your mind, courtesy of Häcker Kitchens.
What you’ll need:
- Milk – 3 cups
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Chopped milk chocolate – 170 gms
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Marshmallows or whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cook over medium heat till the sugar and cocoa powder dissolve. Do not boil, just let the milk steam.
- Put in half of the milk chocolate till it melts, then add the remaining chocolate and whisk till it is smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream.
Your own warm chocolatey goodness is now ready to help you ease into this sweater weather.
Related reads – Delicious Sunday Recipes