Some call it a lazy cook’s boon, some call it absolute genius. Thi Sunday, explore your Häcker kitchen with one pot pasta! The hero of this dish is, you guessed it, the pot! Whether you like your pasta in Arrabiata sauce, Pesto sauce, Alfredo or Bolognese, the one-pot pasta is here to make your taste buds happy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 cups of pasta (penne, macaroni, etc.) of choice OR
300-340 gms of spaghetti broken into half
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 4 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 8-10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Basil leaves
- In a deep pan/skillet, add pasta, tomato, onion, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and water.
- Boil over high heat.
- Stir & turn mixture for 7-9 minutes till water has evaporated.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add Parmesan cheese and oil before serving.
There you have it, your one-pot pasta is ready to serve in just 20 minutes. You can saute vegetables of your choice in the pot before you start the recipe if you wish to add those to your dish or throw in the sauce of your choice to mix things up. Whatever you do, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Let us know how your one-pot pasta turned out in the comments!