Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s a lazy Sunday and you’ve got time on your hands? Why don’t you try this recipe out and let us know how it goes!
Chocolate chip cookies are a classic. Not only are they easy to make, they do a good job at stirring lovely childhood memories.
Ingredients you’d require:
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag of chocolate chips, or roughly chopped up chocolate chunks
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
Yield: 25-30 cookies
Here’s how you go about making the recipe:
- Start by preheating the oven to 170C. Lay down some baking paper on the pan.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy then add the vanilla and egg and beat again.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, chocolate chips/chunks and salt in another bowl.
- Add these dry ingredients to the creamy sugar, egg, butter and vanilla mix and stir gently.
- Your cookie batter is now ready. Make small scoops of the mixture and place them on the baking sheet, ensuring that you’re leaving enough space between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes till they are light brown around the edges and soft in the centre. Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool.
Enjoy while warm and make sure to share pictures with us on our Facebook page!