Building a functioning kitchen is very similar to building a relationship – everything lies in the details. You can pick the most well built, stunning cabinets, and pair them with the most glamourous flooring, but that alone won’t make your kitchen feel like the heart of your home. It’s how you position your kitchen that decides its functionality.
Here are a few key details to keep in mind while designing your kitchen:
- One way you can make your life easy in the kitchen is by positioning your sink and stove on the same counter but on extreme ends. This gives you ample space for collecting all the ingredients you need, chopping, and more.
- Keep your spices close to your stove. This way you have easy and quick access to all your masalas while cooking.
- Utilize all the space available to you. Look at installing pull out cabinets to make use of all corner spaces.
- If you have a larger kitchen, it’s always advisable to opt for a kitchen island. Whether you use it as a dinner table, a bar or extra counter space, a kitchen island is always a good idea.
- Don’t underestimate the number of electrical appliances we use in a kitchen on any given day. Make sure your position plug points for your microwave, fridge, toaster, coffee machine, mixer grinder, etc. as per your convenience.
- Lighting is another important aspect that is often overlooked. If there is a dearth of natural light, opt for cabinet spotlights along with overhead lights to brighten up your space.
We hope this blog offered the insight you were looking for. For more information or tips, feel reach out to us!