An Indian classic, the Aloo Paratha has been around for ages. These aloo parathas with a slather of butter could be the perfect start to your lazy Sunday morning! Here’s how you make them:
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 5 Potatoes
- A handful of coriander leaves (increase or decrease based on preference)
- 1.5 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon chana masala
- 1 tablespoon of chaat masala
- 3 finely chopped green chillies (increase or decrease based on preference)
- 1.5 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 large finely chopped onion
Ingredients to make the dough:
- 2.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1.5 salt
- A little oil or ghee
- Water as required for kneading
- Melted butter
- Pickle of your choice
Here’s what you do next:
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes until there are no lumps.
- Add the salt, green chillies, chaat masala, chana masala, garam masala, chopped onion and coriander to the mashed potatoes and mix well. Your stuffing is now ready.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oil, salt and add some water. Knead until you feel the dough is ready.
- Pull out two evenly sized portions of the dough, and mould them into little balls. Flatten out both the balls.
- Take one of the flattened circles of dough and pile some stuffing onto it. Gently place the second circle of dough on top of this, and pinch the edges of both the dough circles together.
- Dust some flour onto the paratha and flatten out till it’s about 7-8 inches in width.
- Lay the paratha on a hot pan and cook till it browns on both sides.
- Slather with butter and eat while it’s hot.
If you try making this delicious Indian classic, make sure to share a picture of your parathas with us!
Related Reads : Delicious Sunday Recipes